Christmas is a joyous celebration with delicious holiday treats, exchanging of gifts, and of course, spending memorable moments with your friends and families. Well, how about extending that holiday spirit with Christmas in Edgartown?! This town has a lot to offer in spreading Christmas cheer for the young and old. So mark your calendars with these upcoming holiday events that you do not want to miss out on:
1. Past & Presents (located at 37 & 42 Main Street)
Come visit this favorite antique shop for "Christmas Gifts Galore" and other popular holiday items. You will please even the grumpiest Scrooge with any one of these fabulous gifts. Speaking of Scrooge... if you are interested in giving to charity this holiday season, then it will be rewarding to know that 10% of sales benefits the Animal Shelter of Martha's Vineyard.
2. Harbor View Hotel (located at 131 North Water Street)
Horses, lights, and Santa... Oh my! This beautiful hotel has packed in a whole lot of Christmas fun on December 13. Be sure to visit and take advantage of these family-friendly activities as
- Enjoy your evening by riding on a horse-drawn carriage from Mini Park at Main St. and Harbor View Hotel. These gentle giants will warm your hearts! (5 p.m. to 7 p.m.)
- From Christmas caroling, a visit
from Frosty, holiday goodies, and hot chocolates, make your night completely magical with the annual lighting of the Edgartown Lighthouse (located in front of Harbor View Hotel). Music begins at 5 p.m. and lighthouse illumination begins at 6 p.m.
- Visit with Santa from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. This will be a wonderful moment with your children. Bring your cameras and your big smiles. Fee is $5.00 which benefits Rising Tide for Autism.
3. Edgartown Books (located at 44 Main Street)
Your families will enjoy face painting with Elfy on December 14 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Visit before the Christmas Parade and show off your painted faces in style.
4. Christmas Parade (on Main Street)
Let's cheer on old floats from last year as well as new floats as they go by with treats. This is a must-see event for all ages on December 14 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.!
The holiday spirit doesn't end here. Edgartown is full of surprises for this Christmas season. If you need any assistance on traveling tips, contact us today.